Top digital lifestyle news
Lots of Internet TV news this week. Hulu – the online video project from News corp. and NBC/Universal, with participation by Sony, MGM and others – launched to the general public in the United States. In a post titled ‘Here’s The Good, The Bad, The Achilles Heel‘, Dan Langendorf delves into the highs and lows of Hulu..
In other news, Joost, the Internet TV service, is making live-streaming video available through an update to its desktop client. Also TiVo keeps improving its “television services” offering. This time, TiVo is adding YouTube to its ever-expanding lineup. We also reported on Nintendo launch of a DS Lite video download service in Japan.
- Looking back at a week of numbers from NIN, to the iPhone, to a pop-singing prostitute
- Another DVR-like patent unearthed for Apple; this one might be game-changing
- The Beatles land on iTunes, in the form of “American Idol” performances
- 10 mobile apps and services for sharing media
- Interview: Steve Hofstetter, an up-and-coming comic, successfully plays same game as Radiohead, NIN
That’s a wrap for the week.