I’m interrupting normal transmission to remind readers one last time of the upcoming NewTeeVee Live 09 conference being run by our friends over at NewTeeVee, part of the excellent GigaOM staple of blogs.
Last100 is a media sponsor of the event and once again, readers who wish to attend qualify for a discount.
More info after the jump…
NewTeeVee Live: When an $86bn market transitions online, opportunities are created. Join CBS, Cisco, Viacom, Netflix, Comcast, Adobe and more
NewTeeVee Live Conference
Nov. 12, 2009
Mission Bay Conference Center
San Francisco, California
In the wake of the huge TV industry transition there are increasing opportunities for entrepreneurs, producers and technologists. Find your opportunity first.
NewTeeVee Live, now in its third successful year, is designed to answer the biggest questions about the future of television. The conference has assembled the most important industry leaders to share their views and visions. Join leaders from CBS, Comcast, Adobe, Microsoft, Cisco and Netflix to name a few. Additionally, we will feature 10 of the most exciting companies with most potential to change the industry, selected by Liz Gannes and Chris Albrecht, editors of NewTeeVee.
Catch the analysts from GigaOM Pro in the breakout panel, “Extreme Infrastructure: Taking Video Delivery to the Next Stage,” to discuss how the video delivery network will evolve to take greater advantage of new technologies across cloud computing, VOD, CDN and P2P. Large-scale news events this year, such as President Obama’s inauguration and Michael Jackson’s funeral, pushed current generation Internet video delivery networks to their limits. No doubt, as more consumers go online to satiate their video viewing appetites, online delivery networks will need to evolve to handle these million-viewer events.
All NewTeeVee Live attendees will receive a free copy of the GigaOM Pro Market Research Report, “TV Everywhere.” GigaOM Pro is a revolutionary approach to market research, created to give you essential information about emerging tech trends. GigaOM Pro breaks down the wall between business and analysts and lets you create conversations around our top-notch research. Get your GigaOM Pro subscription for only $50 when you sign up for the NewTeeVee Live and GigaOM Pro bundle.
Television industry leaders speaking at NewTeeVee Live include:
* Amy Banse, president, Comcast Interactive Media
* Reed Hastings, co-founder and CEO, Netflix
* Quincy Smith, CEO, CBS Interactive
* Kevin Lynch, CTO, Adobe Systems
* Marc Whitten, general manager of Xbox LIVE, Microsoft
* Andy Mitchell, VP of Digital and Development Marketing, CNN
* Erik Flannigan, executive vice president of Digital Media, MTVN Entertainment Group
* Randi Zuckerberg, director, Market Development, Facebook
* Avner Ronen, CEO and co-founder, boxee
* Anthony Wood, CEO, Roku
* Matthew McRae, VP and GM, Advanced Technology Products, VIZIO
* Sam Blackman, CEO, Elemental Technologies
* Bill Gurley, general partner, Benchmark Capital
Some of the questions being investigated:
1. What is TV Everywhere, and does it impact everyone?
2. Is advertising a model that will continue to provide revenue?
3. Is existing copyright law at odds with the needs of modern commercial online video?
4. Will the body that controls online identity be the ultimate winner?
5. Are independent artists better able to exploit the new distribution mechanisms?
6. Will users find value in amateur-generated content, or will they pay for professional content?
7. What are the new opportunities in home platforms?
8. Which new formats are popular?
9. Who are the faces behind the evolution of the industry? What are they planning next?
10. Will there be only one video player for the world?
Five hundred industry executives will explore the future of the planet’s favorite media: television. If you wish to join them Nov. 12 in San Francisco, register for your ticket now.
Full details can be found at our event web site: http://live.newteevee.com/
To hear more about our speaker additions as they happen, follow us on Twitter @newteeveelive
Standard tickets cost $595, but we’re offering a saver rate of $445. Hurry to lock in your savings.
Register now with your special discount at: