At last, smartphones running the Nokia-led Symbian S60 OS have a native Twitter application. And a very slick one at that.
The app supports a host of features, including…
- Tweet, reply, DM, follow & unfollow, create favourites, search, and auto-update
- Tabbed view of your Timeline, Replies, Messages, Friends
- Setup and use as many accounts as you want at the same time
- Twitter-Search section with multiple search tabs and Twitter Trends
- Post pictures via TwitPic
- Open URLs from any Tweet
The end result is a very powerful yet user-friendly Twitter app, and one that is better in many ways than Twitter’s own website and the many iPhone Twitter clients out there. It’s also proof that S60 apps can be as polished and easy to use as those on Apple’s iconic device, and along with the recent S60 native YouTube client, sets a new standard for third-party S60 applications. Now somebody just needs to create a decent S60 Facebook app.
Note: You can follow me on Twitter here.
Symbian-Guru‘s video demo after the jump…